Chapel Hill-Carrboro Meals on Wheels could not deliver a single meal without the help of our volunteers. Our goal is to attract, train and engage our volunteers, utilizing their diverse skills to best serve the needs of our recipients, as well as our organization. We look forward to you joining our large corps of dedicated volunteers who lend their time and talents to help deliver hot meals to older adults, homebound adults, adults with disabilities, and those convalescing, who do not have access to or the ability to prepare a healthy meal.
Ready to volunteer? Click here, fill out the form, and we will get you started.
- Help pack hot meals for our clients.
- Monday – Friday from 8:45 am – 10:45 am.
- Deliver hot meals to recipients using your own vehicle or sign-up to drive our CHCMOW KIA car, donated by University KIA of Durham and Chapel Hill.
- Monday – Friday from 10:30 am to 12:30 am.
- Whip up a batch of your best recipe at home, wrap it up and bring it to us to be delivered to our recipients in their homes. Sugar-free desserts needed as well.
- Weekend bakers are welcome!
- For complete instructions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help sort donations from the Porch program into individual "stock-your-pantry" bags that are then delivered to our recipients.
- June-August only.
Pick Up Artists
- Drive to Trader Joe’s, Panera, and Harris Teeter to accept their donations and deliver them to our office.
- There is always something happening at CHCMOW and we could use your help!
- Interested in helping us raise funds to ensure meals and weekday daily visits for our recipients? Help with our annual appeal or fundraising events, like Dining for Others, or share your expertise to help develop and implement a marketing and outreach initiative!
- Have some extra time to donate but prefer to do so from home? Help with administrative tasks like collation and sending of mailings, spreadsheet updates, holiday and birthday card writing, and more!
- Our need varies. Please fill out the Volunteer form or call us at 919-942-2948 extension 2 and let's discuss.
- We have an on-going need for volunteers in professional areas ranging from law, marketing, and human resources to social media, web development, and databases.
- If you can contribute in one of these areas, or one that we haven't listed, we would like to hear from you!
- Serve as a member of our Finance, Marketing, Development or Volunteer Committees.
- All skills and talents are welcome!
- Please contact the office at 919-942-2948 extension 3, or email email@example.com.
Your office, youth group, and/or social group can deliver meals to our clients as a one-time event coupled with our regular drivers, or get trained and become part of a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly rotation!
To volunteer, please complete and submit this form, and we will contact you to discuss your interests.
None of these look quite right for you? You can also support us by donating in any amount, large or small.